Visiting Budapest during Fall is one of the many travel must-dos here in Europe. Here are the top ten things you should do while visiting this twin Hungarian capital cities around Fall season:
1. Have a promenade by the Danube from the magnificent Hungarian Parliament building, towards the shoes on the Danube Bank all the way to the Marriott hotel.
3. Take the bus all the way to the Matthias Church and Fisherman's Bastion,
play mini chess by the square,
have a coffee date at Panoramia Coffee and Bar overlooking the city. Continue walking all the way down to Buda Castle and the chain bridge!
The castle is marvelous and look-out for the changing of guards show and men in Hungarian costumed knights with their horses galloping around!
5. Have an apero at TOPRUM overlooking the Basilica and Hungarian rooftops. Feeling thirsty? Add a pitcher of their famous mint berry sparkling water - my favorite!
6. Visit the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó library and also have fun looking at some book carts outside.
7. Looking for where to eat a traditional Hungarian dinner? Get your taste buds ready for a delightful Hungarian dinner at Börze! Don't miss their goulash soup of course!
8. Try Budapest's public transportation especially the twin cities' oldest metro line when heading to the Millenium Monument or Vajdahunyad Castle. The trams running by the Danube are also an alternative to walking while giving you a great view of the Buda side. When you have the chance, get out of Deak Station and try the famous Hungarian chimney cake for 1€ before heading out the exit.
9. Explore all the different Hungarian hand-crafted chess boards, embroidery, laces, painted eggs, dolls, and their secret boxes. Look out for the best Tokaji wine to bring home and Hungarian Paprika at the Central Market. Cross the street walking towards the shopping district for more shopping! Check out the Great Budapest Market Hall Guide here!
10. Lastly, before heading to the airport, stock up on 'pöttyös' - these cheese filled chocolate desserts are a must-try. They have a wide variety of flavors to choose from, I just took one of each to try. They're perfect midnight snacks when you're back and delightfully reminiscing your Budapest trip! I got mine at Spar located here!